Photobucket

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Don’t ask me..!

Don’t ask me why we’re friends…
The best relations don’t need reasons
They just need one single promise:
The promise to stand by in all seasons

Don’t ask me when we made that promise…
It really doesn’t need to be spoken
You know it in your heart, and I know it in mine
That this is never going to be broken

Don’t ask me what’s not good about you…
We’re all different and make our own mistakes
I wouldn’t want to change you, but id you want to change
I’ll give you the help that it takes

Don’t ask me why I want you around me…
Cuz I myself am not too certain
Is it just because of the habit of you,
Or because you’re a whole lot of fun!?

Don’t ask me why I need you to be with me…
Cuz yet again, I’m not sure
To be a mirror and show me my faults,
Or to encourage, motivate, and reassure!?

Don’t ask me when’s the best time I spent with you…
Special people make all times special
And the kind of person you are,
Just by being a part, you make life beautiful!

Don’t ask me what’s great about you…
It would be impossible to choose one
But it would be one of these two -
Your honesty, or your heart full of compassion

Don’t ask me what’s kept us together for so long…
I don’t think it has to do with you or me
I really believe this is God’s plan
And that you’re a part of my destiny!

Don’t ask me why I scream at you when I do…
It’s a reason I’m reluctant to give
You don’t do things all that wrong;
It’s just that I know you’d forgive

Don’t ask me why I’m not all sugary sweet with you…
Even you know you’d find it odd!
Don’t you always expect (and in heart of heart, want)
Me to check thy erring with a rod!

Don’t ask me what the future holds…
You know it and I know it too…
We’re always going to be the friends we are
Wherever we are, whatever we do

Don’t ask me why I wrote these verses
Cuz the only reason is that you asked me to be sweet
But you really have to know this -
Even when I’m not saying it, I mean it!

Don’t ask me why I’m writing this last verse -
It’s a silly reason - to make the count thirteen!
Yea, it’s been that long since we’re friends
And what a brilliant experience it’s been!!

No comments:

Photobucket