Photobucket

Monday, June 9, 2008

MY LOVE

While spirits are uplifted in the local parish,
and folks take pause for thoughts to cherish;

While faithful hearts recite "Peace on Earth",
and old friends catch up on news and mirth;

While chefs prepare for the perfect dish,
and Santa listens to each youngster wish;

While lovers cuddle in winter's snows,
and gifts are topped with pretty bows;

While outdoor displays sparkle and shine,
and homes refresh with spruce and pine;

While trees are trimmed in all their glory,
and classrooms practise "The First Christmas Story";

While shoppers panic in annual fashion,
thoughts of you increase in constant passion.

As leaders express hopes for all that is fair,
your well-being is truly all that I care.

As children smile with each dreamt sugar plum,
my love for you, Sweetest, still leaves me numb.

If given one wish for which I could pray,
with all my heart and soul, I'd say:

There's been no Christmas more bright and cheery
Than any one moment spent warm and near Thee.

Yours... Truly Yours,

No comments:

Photobucket